William Ryan Hood
Hood & Bolen, PLLC Attorneys At Law of Jackson, Miss. Bankruptcy | Personal Injury | Divorce
- FORMER MISSISSIPPI SPECIAL ASSISTANT ATTORNEY GENERAL
- Appointed a Mississippi Special Assistant Attorney General in 1998 by Attorney General A.F. Summers and served under Attorneys General Bill Allain, Ed Pitman and Mike Moore.
- As a Special Assistant Attorney General, provided legal advice in the areas of federal and state case law, Mississippi statutes, constitutional law, rules of evidence, Mississippi Court Rules, civil and criminal procedure; trained, reviewed policies and legal forms; consulted, suggested and drafted legislation; provided legal counsel to court administrators, constables, county attorneys, circuit clerks, district attorneys, justice court clerks, municipal court judges, youth court officials, trial judges, coroners, chiefs of police, city prosecutors, chancery clerks, justice court judges, mayors, sheriffs, court reporters, and tax collectors.
- Provided legal advice as to personnel and EEOC matters; suggested and reviewed rules and procedures; drafted and reviewed new legislation; conducted administrative hearing; ensured compliance with applicable laws; served on curriculum and legislative committees for the Mississippi Prosecutors Association, justice court clerks, justice court judges, constable association, and coroners association, Mississippi Judicial Council, Department of Wildlife Conservation, Polygraph Examiners Board, Mississippi Judicial Performance Commission, Agriculture Aviation Board, Board of Psychological Examiners, Board of Medical Licensure, Board of Pharmacy, Board of Cosmetology, and the Board of Law Enforcement Officers Standards and Training.
- Served as a prosecutor in the Medicaid Fraud Control Unit and prosecuted abuse of vulnerable adults and Medicaid Fraud with responsibility to direct investigations; prepared pleadings and warrants; represented the Unit at trial during a time when the Unit was successful in the prosecution of numerous defendants and the recovery of hundreds of thousands of dollars.
- Private practice since 1993 with special emphases in Chapter 7 and 13 bankruptcy debtor representation.
- Received the following awards: 1989, 1990 and 1991, Distinguished Faculty Award, Mississippi Judicial College, University of Mississippi; in 1989 was presented the Certificate of Achievement by American Academy of Judicial Education, Special recognition by Mississippi Law Research Institute, Certificate of Appreciation by Mississippi Board of Supervisors Associations, and invited to attend and graduated from the Federal Bureau of Investigation, National Law Institute for Law Enforcement Legal Advisors.
- Admitted to practice before the Mississippi Supreme Court, 1978, United States District Court, Northern District of Mississippi and Southern District of Mississippi, 1982, and United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, 1982.
- Chaired committees and assisted in publishing the Mississippi Handbook for Justice Courts, Modern Civil Jury Instructions, Modern Criminal Jury Instructions and drafted over one thousand Attorney General opinions.
- Member Morrison Heights Baptist Church, Mississippi Bar Association, Mississippi Bankruptcy Conference, National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys, Endowment Member of the National Rifle Association, Mississippi Prosecutors Associations, Mississippi College Law School Alumni Association – Secretary/Treasury, 1987, Mississippi Law Enforcement Officers Association, Clinton YMCA, Association of Judicial Disciplinary Counsel, Mississippi Bow Hunters Association, and the Mississippi Pawnbrokers Association.
- Owner and operator of Discount Pawn and Jewelry, Corp., Discount Pawn and Jewelry Manufacture of Class Three Weapons and Gunsmithing, Discount Utility Payment Center; Dark Dimensionz Tattoo and a Tree Farm in Claiborne County, Mississippi.
Contact Hood & Bolen, PLLC Attorneys At Law today at 601-923-0788 to schedule an appointment,or browse the website for more information about William Ryan Hood or about the firm.